A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Future is Created by my Decisions





James 1:22 (KJV)
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 


Destiny is your experience created by your decisions

Right now was your future a year ago… 10 years ago… 30 years ago. My decisions created my present which was my future - my destiny. I can talk about my future and my hopes and aspirations, but it will remain a pipe-dream if I don’t make decisions to create it. My future will always remain there and fleeting if I never make a decision to make it a reality. Vision should not remain a vision the whole life - it's a destination to be reached, a goal to be experienced. My wife Laci once said “You won’t see an ending without first seeing the vision, & without taking action, the experience will be dead.”

What will my future be like?

Look at the decisions I am making today and I will be able to know what it will be like. Life is not a lottery or one big chance or the result of a big bang theory of creation or evolution. Goals are nothing without action. For ten years a young man would tell his pastor “This is the year I'm going to bible school" and after those ten years never went. Why? Because he never applied action to the dream, vision, or the goal. God's visions require his ability and power to be fulfilled but demands my decisions and application of his Word to be accomplished. If this year is going to be different, then changes must be made that are different than 2015 to make 2016 different. 

God's development program is not an exercise bike - peddling but never going anywhere. God is about development but he is equally about getting somewhere. He will develop you to go somewhere not to show off and merely feel good about yourself. The purpose of his exercise program is more than personal benefit but to be equipped to touch others for his glory. 

Many times we wait on a miracle while God is waiting on us to make a decision. Many people are waiting on revival to just happen but are unwilling to make decisions to create it. A person who understands decision-making will succeed quicker than a person who is waiting on a miracle. The bible is a book about decisions. A book that promises life through the decisions it prescribes for us. To live it means to do it!
  
- Reuben Egolf 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment