A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Monday, March 7, 2016

Self-Governing the key to leading instead of controlling




Vision inspires but discipline will get you there. Another word for discipline is self-governing which is the ability to control or rule over oneself. If I govern myself, I will be able to lead others.

If I don’t self-govern then I will control people instead of leading people.
Personal governance has the uncanny ability to keep our perspective clear from seeing people as servants to exalt me, but rather I am the servant to lift them up to experience success beyond me. A leader’s goal should be to get everyone to play for the name that’s on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back. The greatest words ever uttered by a leader is “this is not about me!” This requires discipline in the face of temptation to make it all about oneself instead of the people.

I know with no shadow of doubt that our current developing nations have the greatest opportunity to make the greatest lasting impact this world has ever seen. However, it requires the component of self-governing. Selfish leadership produces a culture of corruption. We can have the best system of government, policies, and organization, but if there is no self-governing in the leadership itself, then the system cannot save it. All systems depend on the quality of leadership for its success. 

A starting point for leaders to begin practicing.  

Before I speak I should ask myself the question “how would I want to be spoken to?”
Before I act I should ask myself the question “how would I want to be treated?”

Before I receive honor, I must first sow honor.

- Reuben Egolf 

No comments:

Post a Comment