A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Monday, March 7, 2016

A Profitable Spiritual Leader






Galatians 2:20 
  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The above verse is the key to a profitable spiritual ministry for God. The more depleted of self I am, the more visible God becomes. His manifestation brings him glory and exalts his purposes through my existence. Though I decrease, his increase secures great rewards for me in Heaven. It reminds me that I am not living just for the now but I am preparing for a future.
Pitfalls and things to be aware of in leadership
We must be careful of confusing opinions, preferences, and personality traits, as being God ordained and anointed. Sometimes we can want to do something and find it easy to say “God told me” or “I feel led” when in reality it is not God but an origination from our own impulses. The problem with that is, when those plans go awry, then God also gets the blame and we exonerate ourselves. I can’t state the importance enough in making sure our plans and aspirations are born out of prayer and his word. 
We as ministers and spiritual leaders must resist all temptation of unfastening ourselves from the cross of self-crucifixion. The moment I begin intoxicating myself on the cocktail of self-sufficiency and self-importance, is the day I render Christ inoperative in my life. It will begin a ministry of personal hype and the creating of a personality cult.  
I see the necessity of making sure that I do not intercept God’s glory and divert it to self-promotion. Jesus made it clear that we can do NOTHING without him. Of course, I can do things that profit me temporarily but nothing will or can be done to profit the Kingdom of God without him. 
You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do. The old adage never goes out of style – talk is cheap! Pipe-dreams, aspirations, and continued talk of things that never materialize, will cripple people’s trust. Eventually, a minister like this will lose any and all power to influence and lead with any degree of effectiveness. 

Never forget - it's ALL about Jesus - it's not about us and our positions!!! 
Our love for people is no more evidenced than when we are willing to tell them the unadulterated truth. Listeners can sense when a person speaks truth in love or if they’re speaking it to elevate themselves and belittle the one listening. The bible truth was never meant to be used as a club or gavel but a tool for conviction.
The lord spoke to my heart a long time ago on effective preaching. He said “you must become the message before you preach the message.” I never forgot that. It’s not just regurgitating the words but becoming the message means I have experienced it, and the attitude of God has now become my disposition and posture.
Stay focused and remain committed. It is worth it! God bless you! 
- Reuben Egolf 

No comments:

Post a Comment