A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Raising Children the Wrong Way



Each generation has been formed by the one before it. We complain about the younger generation but we are the ones who have shaped its moral compass. 

Below is something found on Facebook - I do not know the author.




1.. Begin from infancy to give the child everything he wants. This way
he will grow up to believe that the world owes him a living.

2.. When he picks up bad words, laugh at him. It will encourage him to
pick up "cuter" phrases that will blow the top of your head later.

3.. Never give him any spiritual training. Wait until he is twenty-one
and then let him decide for himself.


4.. Avoid the use of the word "wrong." It may develop a guilt complex.
This will condition him to believe later when he is arrested for stealing
a car that society is against him and he is being persecuted.

5.. Pick up anything he leaves lying around - books, shoes, clothing. Do
everything for him so he will be experienced in throwing the
responsibility onto others.

6.. Let him read any printed matter he can get his hands on. Be careful
the silverware and drinking glasses are sterilized, but let his mind
feed on garbage.

7.. Quarrel frequently in the presence of the children. Then they won't
be too shocked when the home is broken up.

8.. Give the child all the spending money he wants. Never let him earn
his own. Why should he have things as tough as you had them.

9.. Satisfy his every craving for food, drink, and comfort. See that
every desire is gratified. Denial may lead to harmful frustrations.

10.. Take his part against the neighbors, teachers, and policemen. They
are all prejudiced against your child.

11.. When he gets into real trouble, apologize for yourselves by saying,
"I never could do anything with him."

12.. Prepare for a life of grief - you will have it.

Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will
not depart form it. (Proverbs 22:6)


Notice the above word "train" in the verse. It isn't the word "raised." I was not raised like vegetables in the garden. Just giving them water and fertilizer and they grew up. I was trained as I was growing up to say things like "excuse me" and "thank you" and hold the door open for those behind me. We were trained to give up a seat if an elderly person entered the room. A work ethic was instilled inside me by my parents when they made me pull weeds all day in the blazing July sun. If I wanted to play football in the cow pasture with my friends, I had to get my work done first. When I wanted ice-cream, I had to eat my peas first, and there were no exceptions. I was trained not to whine at an early age. Yes, I tried it a few times early on, and the response from my mother amazed me - she said if I kept doing it - she would give me something to whine about. I soon figured out that it wasn't worth it. At the tender age of 14, I decided to backtalk my mother at the supper table. In a split second of time my father backhanded me in the mouth, practically putting me on the floor. He said something to me I would never forget. "Son, that is not only your mother you are talking to like that, but she is also my wife, don't ever do it again." I never have to this day! 

Kids today must realize that the real world doesn't cater to your every whim. Businesses don't start you out on a $100,000 salary driving a Mercedes. You flip a hamburger for awhile and understand its an opportunity and a privilege to carry your own load. Children need the cold hard facts that the world doesn't owe them a car, house, diamond rings, or designer clothes. If they want something, they need to realize that patience and hard work coupled with the discipline of living within their means will payoff. 

Enjoying convenience without paying for it - thinking the government is the answer to every need - accusing everyone else for my own failures - will eventually implode this great nation if not turned around. There is hope for America, but it must begin in the home, not in the White House or Congress. 

1 comment:

  1. All great change in America begins at the dinner table.
    Ronald Reagan

    ReplyDelete