A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Titles or Function


Ephesians 4:11 (KJV)
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
The five-fold ministry gifts are not titles but functions. I’m not a pastor because I have the title. I’m a pastor because I do the work of a pastor. A person is not a singer because of a title but because they sing.
Doing the work of the ministry will accomplish more than mere peddling of titles! 
Notice what Paul said in the following:
 2 Corinthians 12:12 (KJV)
12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.
It is the same with the title of "Christian." My deeds will place the title of Christian over my life and not the other way around. There is no doubt that we can become imbalanced and over emphasize faith and no works. We can overemphasize works and no faith and each idea will lead to error. However, faith in Christ will produce works to substantiate our claims of a new life. I should not have to tell others I am a Christian - my works/deeds should leave no doubt who and what I am!   

Works and deeds do not save us but they are the proof we are saved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment