A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Government creates jobs??


I didn’t realize that the government’s role was to create jobs. I thought that was the private sector’s responsibility. It’s interesting that government is the one who has stifled job growth by it’s over burdening in taxation and regulations and now wants to come in and save the day by creating jobs. This is an amazing concept. I create a problem, and then I create the solution. What’s more amazing is, the solution is more taxation and regulation and somehow what has created the crisis will miraculously become the solution. I thought about this and came up with an illustration. I tell my son “I expect ten bushels of beans out of this garden, but you can’t plant within twenty feet of the stream, ten feet of the fence, and ten feet of the yard.” My son says, “dad, I can’t get ten bushels of beans if you expect all of these regulations to be obeyed.” I reply “that’s ok son, I have the solution, don’t plant within thirty feet of the stream, fifteen feet of the fence, and twenty feet of the yard.” My son looks at me dumbfounded and leaves scratching his head at this load of wisdom. I must admit, I feel like my son in this story when it comes to our federal government. Referring to the eighties, some people called it the decade of greed; I called it capitalism at its finest. Government downsized, deregulation happened, tax cuts took effect, and a funny thing happened – business prospered and jobs were created by the private sector. How, you may ask. Government got out of the way! Ronald Reagan said it best “The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”

No comments:

Post a Comment