A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

A Cancer that Destroys its Host




Cancer is known to kill it's host and as a result destroys itself. In other words, it survives by depleting and overwhelming the necessary food supply of the host body until it is too weak to survive. Of course, once the host body dies so does the cancer cells. 

Unforgiveness in the human soul acts much the same way.  It is a cancer that depletes the human heart eventually destroying the host. The fermentation in the mind feeds the bitterness, resentment, and unforgiveness into a bloating tumor consuming the person's energy and devotion.  It is never satisfied until the host person is dead on the inside of it's dreams, vision, and freedom from misery. As with cancer which requires the cooperation of other cells; unforgiveness requires the cooperation of the person's thought life to survive. Cancer depends on it's environment to survive and so does unforgiveness.

The unhealthy power of resident unforgiveness
 
Not forgiving is like laying flowers at a grave daily, you are no longer planting seeds for a better tomorrow. By doing so I am memorializing the event, keeping it alive in the memory. Just as the flowers are losing their fragrance due to being separated from it's life source, so am I when I lay down at the scene of the incident and not moving forward.  Some things die and you need to let it die and never go back and visit. When I don't forgive I turn my back on my future.

Unforgiveness has a colored pencil in its hand and will color how you look at things now. It has the power to change the person perception concerning people and situations in the present as well the things in the future.

Allow the past to be a learning experience but refuse it becoming a continuing punishment. People reminding you and attempting to get you to build a house at certain incidents in your past must be resisted. What’s done is done- move on and do not permit others to control your direction. If you keep looking over your shoulder while trying to walk forward will cause you to bump into people you otherwise would have avoided.

As long as I carry resentment towards the past  in my heart, the less capable I will be of loving in the present! Resentment, unforgiveness, and bitterness are all weeds that choke out the ability of love to grow in our hearts. Protect the garden of your life with diligence and plant God's Word in it's soil, and saturate it everyday with the His presence through prayer.

I have found that it’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then. When people remind me of things in the past, they are referencing many times to a different time when I was a different person. I can't relate to that person anymore because I have moved on.

Did you know you can victimize yourself by wallowing around in your own past literally becoming a hostage to things you can't change. However, we are not victims but over-comers and more than conquerors!

Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.




No comments:

Post a Comment