A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Pride answers by deception - Humility answers by truth

Dr. Reuben Egolf
 James 1:22 (KJV)
22  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

We often think of deception being perpetrated from one person to another but usually not in the form of deceiving ourselves. I have often wondered how does a person do that. I mean, certainly one would know that they are lying to themselves. At least it seems to be a logical conclusion but yet it happens more this way than one deceiving another.

Pride is the most powerful force in the kingdom of darkness. It can filter everything and reshape it to justify my actions, thoughts, and motives, as long as self is benefited and not inconvenienced. Ultimately it creates a world in my mind that God is not needed and if things go wrong, then it's justifiable to blame him and it keeps me from dealing with my irresponsibility. Pride requires no change or adjustment in my life to come up to God's standard of living. It is the greatest excuse manufacturer there is.

Howard Butt, a well-known Christian layman, puts it this way:
It's my pride that makes me independent of God. It's appealing to feel that I am the master of my fate. I run my own life. I call my own shots. I go it alone. But that feeling is my basic dishonesty. I can't go it alone, I have to get help from other people. And I can't ultimately rely on myself. I'm dependent on God for my very next breath. It's dishonest of me to pretend that I'm anything but a man, small, weak, and limited. 

Humility looks in the mirror of self and sees with accuracy the depleted and strengthless  abilities of a human-being torn by sin's number one quality of pride. It produces a cry from deep within the human soul for relief from this bondage and imprisonment. In its desperation it accepts God's way of deliverance through the blood of Jesus, and when the will responds in obedience, the Lord's power is immediately dispatched to change the person.

Now when it looks in the mirror it sees a frail person but able to do ALL things through Christ who provides the strength!!! Remember, it's not a regimen, rituals, or religious steps to success, but it is through Christ and Him alone.

Romans 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment