A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Helping Me on the Inside!

2 Corinthians 4:7-9 (KJV)
7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

 2 Corinthians 4:16 (KJV)
16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Never judge what’s happening in me by what’s happening to me outwardly.

The opposite of what you see happening around me is happening in me.

  • You may see me being torn down outwardly but I am being renewed and built up inwardly.
  • You see me going through demonic attacks outwardly but I am being developed by the Holy Spirit inwardly!
  • I may be weakened physically outwardly but I’m being strengthened inwardly!
  • I may be being humbled outwardly but I am being lifted up inwardly!

Look at Jesus for an example:

  • On the cross, he looked weak physically, but he was as strong as he had ever been on inside.
  • In the Garden of Gethsemane his body was exploding corpuscles through the sweat glands…. Looking weak… but he was rising up on the inside and he overcame!

Satan controls much of this world’s activities through the fallen will of man. He creates adverse circumstances and uses people to perpetuate his plan of destruction concerning your life. However, as Christians, we are under the control of the Holy Spirit on the inside. Everything Satan has designed to bring about failure in your life is reversed in it’s effects by the Spirit of God. Hardships may bring about a weakness in your physical strength or body, but it’s purpose changes when it comes to your spirit. As the body gets weaker the spirit gets stronger.

Fasting is a good example as well. As you abstain from food, your body gets weaker but simultaneously the spirit-man is getting stronger.

Now you know what is meant when Paul said in

2nd Cor. 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

If you are facing hardship, surrounded by adversity, being attacked by gossip, and enduring opposition on every hand, then let patience have her perfect work. You will be stronger on the inside when you come out the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment