A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cannot sin? Say what!?



1 John 3:9 (KJV)
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This is one of the hardest hitting Scriptures that leaves people reeling in amazement. They see the words “cannot sin” and associate it with a Christian having no ability to sin, and thus the principle of free moral agency has been stripped from them. Of course that is not true, but let’s get a clear understanding of what this verse means. The pivotal word of the verse is “seed.” According to the Bible, the Word of God is seed. When it says “his seed remains in him” it is revealing that as long as God’s word remains as the ruling principle of the life, a person will not sin. When I obey the word of God, it produces righteousness every time. The Word has no ability to produce sin. If I disobey the Word then sin will be produced. Every act of obedience demonstrates that the Bible is the ruling principle of my life and I cannot sin as long as I obey. The moment I disobey is the moment I remove the Word from the headship of my life and replace it with self which will produce sin. It’s that simple! So, a person who consistently obeys God’s Word will not be sinning, because how can you obey His Word and it produce sin?

No comments:

Post a Comment