A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Monday, November 12, 2012

We don't have to!



I read the following Facebook quote from Pastor Mickey Hale and it really spawned a message I preached at Mt Calvary Tabernacle recently.

“Your ability is what you are capable of doing, your motivation determines what you do, and your attitude determines how well you do it.”

Romans 6:12-15 (KJV)
12  Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13  Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15  What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

If I am a diabetic & the doctor says, “If you eat these sweets you will die.”
I then have a choice, no one forces me to eat them, I might be tempted, but it is my choice.
That is the way with sin, no one forces you to sin it is a choice, you can be tempted, but you don't "have to sin".
The bible is clear that sin shall not have dominion over us, when we know the truth & ignore it, it then becomes willful sin, & the wages of sin is death.

Excuses are shields put up to deflect personal responsibility. As long as I blame everyone else for my failures, there will be no opportunity for me to change. Let us walk & live in the victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment