A spiritual revolution

Obedience to God means disobedience to the devil. Begin your own revolution today by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Enthusiasm not necessarily the evidence of the Spirit.

Enthusiasm can create an atmosphere that one can mistaken for being a spiritual experience. If you would attend Heinz Field (Steelers home field) during post season play, you would feel an electric in the air. One person said "there is no place like Heinz Field during post season football." The excitement and anticipation coming from and being generated by 70,000 fans creates an atmosphere that literally feels charged. What is the difference between that than our worship services in church? Carnality cannot recognize the difference but true spiritual discernment can. We can become so enthused about the songs/music serving me and elevating my feelings that I can lose focus of Christ. Worship music and singing is not about me or even to be directed to me but rather its all about Jesus Christ and for him. People come to church many times with the thought "I hope they can sing me happy..." when in reality, I should come to worship already happy. In old times, citizens of a kingdom did not come to worship, they brought their worship. May we learn the same lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment